beth648

Document can not be saved on NVivo12 for Mac

So I've been using NVivo 12 on my Mac for over a month now and all of the sudden I'm getting an error message every time I try to save my project. When I try to save it says:

"The document "X" could not be saved. Please close and open the document again, this should ask you if you want to use the last saved version. It will include all your latest changes."

It shows this message every time I try to save; so I have to force quit and thankfully so far it has recovered all my work. I've restarted my computer, restarted NVivo multiple times and it is still giving me the error. I originally had the project saved on my dropbox folder in Finder but I copied the project and moved it to Documents thinking that might be the problem, but it didn't help. I couldn't find a solution by googling, and I sent an email to support but have not received a response. Help!!! It is unsettling to do a bunch of work and have to force quit in order to save it!!

Hi Beth,

Please merge your project into a blank new project to resolve this issue. To do this:

1. In NVivo, create a new project. 

2. Click the Data tab and the click the Project icon.
 The 'Import Project' dialog box appears.

3. Click Browse and navigate to and select your project file.

4. Click Import.

This new project file will contain all your project data.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh