[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
dmorl12

Comparing coding between multiple users

I am working on a project where two users are coding the same interviews. I am interested in comparing the text that users selected for each node (code) at the same time. For example, if User A selected the first two sentences of Paragraph A, and User B selected the last 3 sentences of Paragraph A, I want to be able to see both of these text selections side by side.

I know that NVivo offers coding stripes, but this does not do a good job showing exactly which words were selected by each user. Highlighting merges both user selections, and I do not think there is a way to customize highlighting based on which user coded what. The inter-rater reliability only shows the amount of times each node (code) was applied, and clicking through to the text does not separate out selections by users.

Is there some work-around that I am missing, or does NVivo just not support this type of functionality?

Thanks!

Hi dmorl12, 

NVivo does not offer the functionality to view the changes made by each coder side by side. The closest alternative would be to view your sources with coding stripes turned on for each user. If you would like to raise this as a feature request, we use an easy and user-friendly online tool called Canny to gather all our customer feedback. May I request that you click on the below link and share your feature suggestion here by creating a post. You can also vote on posts created by other users. When you post or vote on a feature, you will start receiving notification via Canny on the planned/in progress/completed actions.

https://nvivo.canny.io/

Regards, 
Heather