Obi

Cluster analysis validity

Hi everyone,

I know the Nvivo is about qualitative analysis. Nevertheless, when using the cluster analysis function, we need to explain the validity of those results.

For example, how to show that Pearson coefficient of 0.46 is significant?

The p-value logic could be applied here?

If it is not possible to know all the parameters to calculate the Pearson coefficient, how to justify the use of Nvivo as a reliable tool?

I really need some help with this.

Thanks very much!

• Like 1

Hi Obi, 

You can find information about the values NVivo uses to create cluster analysis diagrams at the following link:
http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/deep_concepts/how_are_cluster_analysis_diagrams_generated_.htm

At present, these values aren’t shown in NVivo but you could calculate them manually. If you would like to raise this as a feature request, we use an easy and user-friendly online tool called Canny to gather all our customer feedback. May I request that you click on the below link and share your feature suggestion here by creating a post. You can also vote on posts created by other users. When you post or vote on a feature, you will start receiving notification via Canny on the planned/in progress/completed actions.

https://nvivo.canny.io/

Regards,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the answer. Please, I don't know how to calculate manually because the parameters and the approach used are unknown.

Is there any way to ensure or qualify the Pearson correlation number provided by NVIVO? For example, what is the N ? What the significance level for one-tailed test?

Is there some online tool to get this values using the text files?

Thanks.

• Like 1