aedwards-jones

Importing photos into NVivo12

To support a photo elicitation study I have imported a number of photos taken by participants, allocated them to existing cases and created sets (of photos belonging to each person).

This has been fine for individual photo files, but I have some images which I can only import as a PDF i.e. one PDF containing 10 photos. So I now need to separate each photo so that the corresponding set comprises 10 items, and so I can allocate 10 separate items to the appropriate case. I thought this might work by coding each image by region, but this doesn't allow me to follow the above process i.e I can't create a set from nodes, only data files. Really I feel I need to extract each image from the PDF to be able to treat them as independent data files.

Any suggestions for working around this would be gratefully received.

Hi,

In order for you be able to treat the images in the pdf file as each file, you will will need to extract the images manually outside of NVivo. Unfortunately, you will not be able to extract images from the pdf in NVivo and treat the images as seperate files. Once you have imported the pdf file, NVivo treats the pdf as one file. ^AK