Sarah287

Creating Framework Matrices and charting data in NVivo for Mac

I'm trying to create a framework matrices and chart my data so that I can summarize what each of my participants have said with regard to particular topics. I have attached a picture below of an example of what I'm trying to achieve. I have found videos online but so far I think they only work for people with windows and the framework matrices tab doesn't show up for me under internals. Is there a solution to do this for Mac users also?

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.25.39 PM.png

Hello Sarah,

Currently NVivo for MAC does not support framework matrices.

We all do eagerly wait for development team bring this feature to Nvivo for MAC.

As a workaround you may perform a coding query for each participant (case) and nodes (role/identity, activity, aspects of personality, technology use) , and then export results. The downside of this workaround is you will not reach a summary of the content but you will get exact coded text and you must repeat this query for each participant.

I hope this helps,

Hi Sarah,

Another workaround is to run a Matrix Coding Query & open each cell of the matrix to copy the references to an Excel file manually.

We use an online tool called Canny to gather all our customer feedback.May I request that you click on the following link https://nvivo.canny.io/ & share your feature suggestion here by creating a post. You can also vote on posts created by other NVivo users. When you post or vote on a feature, you will start receiving notifications via Canny on the planned/in progress/completed actions.

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh