Arwen

Classifying cases from a dataset

Hi. I am new to NVivo using Nvivo Pro 11. I have imported a dataset via Qualtrics and have coded open ended questions in my survey. One of the open questions asked respondents to name their health condition. I would now like to sort cases by health condition so I can see all the comments/codes from other open questions attributed to respondents with for example, Type 1 Diabetes. Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Many thanks. 

Hi Arwen,

In order to view all the comments/codes, you will need to assign health condition as an attribute to the cases via case classification. Once you done this, you can run a Matrix Coding Query between an attribute value such as type 1 diabetes and open ended questions.

I hope this helps.^AK

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I have been attempting to add health condition as an attribute but as I have downloaded the survey as a dataset from qualtrics I am not able to add this to the case classification sheet. As I have already coded some of the open ended questions I do not want to have to go back to a stage before I import the survey. Is it possible to retrospectively add this attribute? 

Thanks again for your help.