Helen Horgan

NVIVO 12 ON MAC slow at saving changes

Hi, I'm running a university copy of NVivo 12 on my Mac. I just upgraded to Mojave with no problems (so far!). The mac has 2.4ghz intel core i5 processor, 8GB ram and 160GB of 250GB free hard disk space. The problem I am having is everytime I make a change to a document and save it the wheel of death comes up and it takes about 30 secs to save, even if I just type some new text and hit save. Its ruining the workflow as I have to stop and watch the wheel of death every odd minute. Apart from that it seems to be operating well. I have two theories that might be the cause 01) a lot of the internal documents I've created contain large screenshots which might be too heavy on the processor. or 02) the linked files are coming from a mixture of locations, on the local harddrive and on an external hd. Do you think it might be either of these? Helen

Hi Helen,

So that we can investigate this issue further, can you please submit a support case via the below link and let us know if this is impacting all projects or just one? If there are any error messages as well, please include a screenshot. You can take a screenshot by pressing Shift-Command (⌘)-3. A .png file with the date and time stamp on your desktop will be created. Attach the .png file to your support request.

https://qsrinternational.com/nvivo/contact-us/customer-support

Kind regards,

NVivoSup