Ana Leal

Transcription entries in random order

Hi!

I am using Nvivo 12 for Mac and since the last update (12.3.0), when I open the transcription of the audio files that I did in Nvivo, the transcript entries appear in random order. E.g. the first line is 1h14'' and goes in decreasing chronological order until the middle of the document and then it starts again at 00h00' and then it jumps to 00h07' and so on...

When I first transcribed the audio file and opened it again, it worked, the transcribed conversation was in chronological order. Now they are all messed up and I do not see any option in the program to sort the transcript entries by starting time or anything. 

Have anyone experienced the same issue? Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience, you should be able to resolve the issue, please try importing your project into a blank project in NVivo by following the steps below:

• Launch NVivo
  • Create a new project
  • Give a name to your project and select the location
  • Once the project is open, click on ‘Data’ tab > click on ‘Project’
  • A window will appear, browse to the location where your old project is stored.
  • Click on the project file and click Import.
  • Once the import is completed, please check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, please submit a support request form using the link https://bit.ly/2PpHC6p and send us your project file for further investigation. ^AK