martinusen

Nr of coded ID´s in Youtube comments

Hi

I'm doing a project where I have used the comments sections of 32 YouTube videos in my data. I would like to find out, without the tedious process of counting manually, how many of the commenters I have includes in my coding. (this is not all but maybe half of the present commenters) 

Is there any way to easily find out how many individual user ID´s that i have included in my coding?

Thankful for any help.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Apologies for the delayed response.

In order to find out the numbers of commenters you have coded in NVivo, please follow the steps below:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Akshay

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm afraid this gives me more questions than answers and that counting them all manually seems less time-consuming... I Can't even get past the first instruction of autocoding since the autocode option is greyed out.  Only if a mark a specific source I can use this function, but surely you can't mean I have to do this for every one of the 32 used comment sections just to get on to step two in your instruction? This seemed very tedious and complicated.

I was just hoping for some simple function in the program where I can just check how many users I have coded from, like a word count for a word document or such.  Also, if i autocoude the source doesn't that mean that they all get coded (thus not possible to discern the ones i have coded from?)

Kind regards