mjhill02

Activating License on NVIVO 12 Trial Version???

Hello, I am looking for help activating a license key for a trial version of NVIVO 12 that I have been using in trial mode for the past week. The instructions say: 

1. Click the File tab, click Help, then click Manage License, and then click Activate License.
  2. On the License Activation dialog box, enter your details. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
  3. Click Activate.

When I open NVIVO 12, and click on the File Tab, there is no Help option.  (Options are New, Open, Close, Save, Print). There is another File Tab when I first open NVIVO that says Help and Tutorials at the bottom, but when I click on that Help Tab, it takes me to the NVIVO 12 Manual, and again, there is no Help tab. I guess I can wait until the Trial expires, and NVIVO will probably ask me for the License at that point. Or do I need to uninstall NVIVO 12, and reinstall it, and then enter the license key on install? Very frustrating that something so basic is so complicated. 

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Hi mjhill02,

You do not need to uninstall/reinstall NVivo in order to activate the license key. As the trial is still running you can wait until it expires, at that time NVivo will prompt for a new license key.

Using the help menu, you should see Manage License options (see screenshot). Deactivate will not be available if a project is currently open.

If you cannot activate the license key or see any error messages, can you please log a support ticket via the below link and include a screenshot of the error:

https://qsrinternational.com/nvivo/contact-us/customer-support

Regards,

^NVivoSup

license_activation.png

Great. Thanks! I was clicking the File tab in the NVIVO 12 task bar, not the purple file tab on the NVIVO 12 Plus Window. When I clicked the latter, I was able to get to the help menu above, click on help, and activate the license. Thanks again! 

NVIVO-Home-Screen.jpg