Charles Weir

Modify transcription font?

I've made a great discovery with normal text files. By zooming them about 25% they're enormously easier to read, and much easier to code as well; I had always been having problems with off-by-one-character errors.

But I can't find a way to enlarge the transcription text. Even if I edit the transcription, the font selection options are greyed out. How do I do it?

In hope,

Charles

Hi Charles, 

When editing the transcription text you will only be able to change the formatting of one transcript row at a time. You will need to select the text you want to format, selecting an entire row or rows of your transcript won’t allow you to select a new font size or style. 

If you are wanting to change the formatting of an entire transcript and haven’t done any coding to it yet a quicker way to do this might be to export the transcript out of NVivo, make any formatting changes required in Word or similar and then reimport the transcript. You can find information on exporting and importing transcripts at the following link:
https://help-nv.qsrinternational.com/12/win/v12.1.84-d3ea61/Content/files/import-audio-video-transcripts.htm

If you would like to request more transcription editing options in NVivo, we use an easy and user-friendly online tool called Canny to gather all our customer feedback. May I request that you click on the following link https://nvivo.canny.io/ and share your feature suggestion here by creating a post. You can also vote on posts created by other users. When you post or vote on a feature, you will start receiving notification via Canny on the planned/in progress/completed actions.

Regards, 
Heather