AmirM

Text search - parts of words

Hello,

When searching for words or expressions in the Text Search query, I used * to get part of the word, for example "ed", but only got "ed" in the beginning of a word, for example "education". What if I want to get "ed" at the end of a word? (for example, "argued"). Is there a way to do that using the Text Search Query in NVivo? (MAC and/or PC?)

Thanks,

Amir

Hi Amir,

Thank you for contacting NVivo Support.

To investigate the issue, can you please provide me with the screenshot of the details you have entered in the query criteria? Once I have the above information, I will be able to assist you further.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Akshay

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for your reply. Here is an image of the query. As I mentioned before, I am interested not only in "ed" as it appears in the beginning of a word but also at the end of a word. What NVivo seems to provide through this query is "ed" in the beginning of the word. My question: is there a way to get references with "ed" or some of part of a word in the beginning as well as in the middle or end of a word?

Thanks,

Amir

Annotation 2019-11-08 141622.png

Hi Akshay,

Any news regarding my question? (I attached a picture with more details in a separate reply ten days ago)

Thankd,

Amir

On 11/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, QSRSupport said:

Hi Amir,

Thank you for contacting NVivo Support.

To investigate the issue, can you please provide me with the screenshot of the details you have entered in the query criteria? Once I have the above information, I will be able to assist you further.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Akshay