Di Feng

why the reference counts in the Group Query and Compound Query are similar or different?

In the Nvivo sample project, I was running a group query to look for which interviews have been coded at economy nodes intersecting balance nodes, and how many references are intersecting
them ? 

but if I was using a compound query to look for the same questions ( how many references are intersecting them) the query results were different from group query results, which means compound query results were included in group query results, if I only look at one interviewee, group query results have more references than compound query.

why ?

Hi Di Feng,

The Group Query doesn't calculate the common coding references, it finds out the common items. Whereas the compound query can be used to find common coding references using AND criteria. This is the reason results are different.

For example, if you code the first paragraph from a source to Node A and second paragraph from the same source to Node B, the Group Query will show 1 reference each. On the other hand, Compound Query will result 0 references because there isn't any common text which has been coded to both nodes.

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh