[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Guest Francisco

Diagram of comparison

Guest Francisco

Hello, I am generating an analysis with Nvivo and I am looking for some help. Within my material, I have eight interviews, 4 of them correspond to case A, and 4 correspond to case B. My first step was to import the 8 interviews, encode file by file and thereby generate approximately 40 nodes, which later They were grouped into 5 new nodes. In my analysis, one of the tools that I am interested in applying is the so-called "comparison diagram". To do this, I transformed the files into cases, which were then classified into a certain variable according to attributes A and B. At the time of using the tool called "comparison diagram", the analysis could not be carried out according to cases A and B , since it only showed the cases separately, that is, the 8 interviews transformed into cases. My solution was to create two new files, representing the two cases that I want to compare. But for this, I had to copy and paste each of the interviews into the two corresponding files. In doing so, the diagram did work for me, but I would like to know how I should proceed to do it more automatically and not by copying and pasting. Also, so that the diagram shows the comparisons not as two files, but as two cases.

Thank you in advance for your attention and possible help. I hope I was clear. Greetings from Chile.

Hello Francisco,

The way Nvivo was developed considers that each case should have a single file ( like a transcription of an interview). Therefore, what you had to do is an expected behavior.

In order to prevent future copy-paste actions, I would suggest you to keep a single file for each of your cases.

However, if your analysis has an aspect of time, like observing a change in opinion of same participant in time, then you would need a different strategy.

I would suggest you to look at post below. I hope it will provide you some insight about research with cases that have multiple files.

Guest Francisco

Dear, thank you very much for your help. I think that my inexperience with Nvivo has not made me organize the information correctly. Looking at the post that shows me, i have a new question: what does it mean to assign the files with the element origin classification and how is this step carried out in Nvivo12? Thanks!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.