Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matteo

Navigating Coded References in PDF files

Guest Matteo

I only recently managed to get acquainted with NVivo. My literature review praxis has thus evolved: As I read through the article, I add the needed quotations to my Nodes (I’ve created, also hear, some thematic Nodes, in reference to the main notions I’m going to use in my research).

In this regard, I would have a question. Perhaps some of you can help me. As said, I’m adding all the more interesting references encountered in my readings in my Nodes. So, e.g., I have a node titled ‘Conversion’ where I add all the most interesting quotations from various authors. By opening the Node, I can thus rapidly review all the quotations accumulated.

But – and here’s my question – is there any way in which I could be redirected to the exact quote on the PDF file from which the reference was extracted directly from my Node? This would be useful at the moment in which I want to actually make use of the quotation, or a part thereof, in my writing. Unfortunately, the Node review page only reports the link to title of the work from which the quote was extracted and not the exact location of the references.

Many thanks,

Matteo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this