Tommy

NCaptures is not working on Twitter

Hi Nvivo team,

The NCaptures is not working properly. I am unable to retrieve tweets if I restrict the search to certain keywords. Please see the attached pictures:

The search query includes searching the keywords for BLM and blacklivesmatter, and NCaptures is not able to download the tweets. It returns "Authentication failed : Status code: 401"

1892003046_Screenshot2020-06-11at12_44_20PM.thumb.png.ec24763f271158a575f07381f676ebc9.png

I removed the keywords and now NCaptures is able to capture the tweets.

1374640648_Screenshot2020-06-11at12_44_23PM.thumb.png.5ca237f1cbb879a3dbf66c8889e1f633.png

Could you please advise the above problem? 

Thanks, Tommy

On 6/26/2020 at 11:32 PM, Tommy said:

Anyone here?

I don't think so! I asked a question about NCapture not working on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and have had no responses. 

I tried the QSR helpdesk and have had several random replies (after over a week) that go no way towards helping to solve the problem. It seems that the days when you could phone QSR and they would help there and then are well and truly gone. Very disappointed as NVivo is generally great. 

I hope you do manage to find a solution soon. 

Hello Tommy and Helen,

Please note that data capture capacity on Capture extension is limited with Twitter's (or any other social media source's) data policy. Below you may find the details:

The amount of data captured as a dataset by NCapture is determined by Twitter; this is because NCapture relies on Twitter's API (web connection to Twitter) to collect the data. Twitter’s API generally only provides Tweets from last 7 days.  Depending upon how much data Twitter provides to NCapture, you may also sometimes see Tweets more than 7 days old getting captured. Please note older Tweets may not be captured, even if they are visible in your timeline due to Twitter API limitation.

Hope this helps,

With kind regards,