Sahana

How to see what I've already coded

This might seem like a silly question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see what units of my source document I've already coded. I've tried View – Highlight – Coding for All Nodes, but this just highlights everything in my source document. I've also tried View – Highlight – Coding for Selected Items, but this does the same thing. 

Anyone have any pointers?

Hello Sahana,

What you see when you use coding indicators depends on your coding strategy and your coding density.

However, I suggest you to use coding stripes when you would like to see what you have already coded in a specific data.

Below you can see a screenshot from Sample Project. I utilized selected items function of coding stripes to see how much of coding did coders do with sub-codes of "Fishing industry decline". If you need to see the exact coded text for (let's say) "Due to tourism and development", click the colored stripe for this code and coded text will be highlighted for you. 

Hope this helps,

With kind regards,

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 19.31.20.jpg