Hi,

was wondring if NVivo can do data categorization by mesuring as attachment table shows, textual elements (TE) and the number of interviewees (N) by presenting data as absolute number and relative values - %

Capture.JPG

Hello Georgios,

Nvivo absolutely can do what you would like to do with your research.

As a first step, you can import all your research data and create a case for each interview.

Next, I can see that you already have your themes, categories, and sub-categories. Therefore, you can create you node (code) structure in your Nvivo project using these. To give an example:

Theme: Input

Category: Financial resources

Sub-Categories: Funds for athletes, Funds for coach education , etc.

After completing your coding, you can utilize matrix coding query so that you can reach a matrix table that will be able to display your coding references for each node (in your case your textual elements) and coded cases (number of interviews) in both absolute and relative numbers.

Hope this helps and please feel free to reach if you need further information.

With kind regards,

Hi, and thank you for replying.
The previous table is example from other research used IBM SPSS software

In attached file will see my work, the problem is, I have done my categories and subcategories, but can't find how NVivo can do it by mesuring textual elements (TE) and the number of interviewees (N) by presenting data as absolute number and relative values - %. 

System Theory.docx

Hello again Georgios,

I have created a sample Nvivo project file using random data and coding based on your structure.

You can check query results for getting an idea about matrix coding query output.

Please note that you can export these tables as excel files.

Hope this helps,

I had to put in WeTransfer due to upload restriction.

https://we.tl/t-qqHf7XAH65

Good morning and hello again.

I'm afraid i do not understand how to do it even with your example. Using NVivo for the first time (completely amateur) have no idea how. 
I was wondering if you can do this for me, my subtitles, titles and themes is ready (it took me a month) after batle with the programe..... 

Really appisiate if you can export for me (textual elements) and (number of interviews) in both absolute and relative numbers

Hi Georgios,

As a Support consultant, my expertise lies in assisting our customers with issues that are of a technical nature. I am able to <<Replace ‘I was’ with ‘We were’ if you are doing someone else’s followup>> assist you with questions relating to ‘how to’ use certain functions in NVivo, however the assistance you require at present is beyond my <<replace ‘my’ with ‘our’ >> expertise. This is the reason for suggesting our Training and Consultancy team in this instance.

You can view upcoming classroom and NVivo Academy workshops here: http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/nvivo-training

You can also connect with NVivo certified platinum trainers who can provide you with advice on working with your own projects including:

·         Project setup

·         Efficient and analytically powerful approaches to coding, in light of your research methods and questions

·         Making the most of key tools in NVivo, specifically for your project.

Note, NVivo certified platinum trainers may charge you for providing their service.

Regards, 

NVivoSup