Chinese Word Frequency Query Does Not Work in Nvivo12

Hello,

I am trying to analyze data retrived from social media. The data is in Chinese and stored in a spread sheet format. I want to query word frequency of a certain field, but I am not sure how to do that. When I perform a word frequency query on the entire file, there is a problem. It only returns me numbers and nonsense English letter when I set the word length to 2 or more.  It does give me Chinese character when I set the length to 1, but that's not what I want. I already set the working context language to Chinese. Also, the text search query works just fine with 2 and more characters. 

Can someone help me figure out what's happening? 

Thanks.

Hi gzximo,

This issue will occur if the text is in traditional Chinese as this not a supported language in NVivo, however, simplified Chinese is supported. This is the reason why you are not getting correct results in the Word Frequency query.

^NVivoSup

13 hours ago, QSRSupport said:

Hi gzximo,

This issue will occur if the text is in traditional Chinese as this not a supported language in NVivo, however, simplified Chinese is supported. This is the reason why you are not getting correct results in the Word Frequency query.

^NVivoSup

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am using simplified Chinese, so probably what you said is not the case. I have figured out the issue. I misunderstood the minimum length option. I thought this is a variable to control how many words in a phrase, but it's actually the minimum num of LETTERs. I guess when I'm using Chinese, I must set this to 1...I hope this can get improved in later versions.