Nvivo Server for Teams 12 - SQL error when trying to add users to a project

We recently paid QSR several thousand dollars for a few dozen licenses to connect to Nvivo for Teams, otherwise known as Nvivo Server. The whole reason for this was to allow our domain users the ability to create their own projects on the new Nvivo Server system, and then self-service add their own contributors, readers, and fellow owners. Unfortunately, as of a few days ago, this stopped working entirely for all new projects they are creating. Instead they get the following error immediately after pressing apply or ok, having added a user to a project. For search engine purposes, I'll transcribe:

Transaction Failure
Your action did not succeed, due to the following error:

The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'server_principals', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

I have already opened a ticket with QSR support [ ref:_00D2820aRK._5002y4Cmnq:ref ] but suppot is apparently based in Australia, and I'm in the USA central time zone. Support is... not speedy. I have upset users who want to collaborate with Nvivo.

I don't suppose any other sysadmins have run into a SQL error like this?

nvivo_server_error.png

• 2 weeks later...