Running a Report of Responses Organized by Code and Filtered by Case Classification

I need help running a report that shows the text references/case responses for a specific case classification, organized by code. When I try to run the Coding Summary by Code Format report, this shows me the text of the coded responses but it does not allow me to filter by case classification. Is there a way to do this? Alternatively, is there a way to run a report of the text references/case responses tabulated in a Matrix Coding Query? In the matrix I see totals of case references, but I'd like to have a report of the responses represented by those counts. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maryam,

You can try the steps below to get the references from a Matrix Coding query result:

1. Save the Matrix Coding query result as a Node Matrix by saving the results in the Node Matrices folder.

2. In the Navigation View, browse to Node Matrices folder and then look for the saved node matrix from the Matrix Query result.

3. Right-click on the node matrix and click Copy.

4. Right-click on the Nodes folder and then paste the node matrix as a node.  

This will create a parent node with the same name as the Node Matrix name.  Child nodes will be created and these correspond to the nodes and cases/attributes that were selected in the query. Each node contains the intersecting coding reference for the matrix query criteria.

You can export the references by right-clicking on the node, clicking on Export > Export node, and selecting Reference View in the export options.  The Save As  field shows where the exported document is located.

You can also generate a Coding Summary by Node Report and filter the report only to the nodes that you need.

^BM