What's the most efficient way of analysing textual data recorded in excel?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Nvivo and I'm still learning to figure out how to analyse textual data recorded in excel files. I've tried to import excel forms directly in Nvivo but it seems hard to code cell by cell. I can only code an entire row (maybe I didn't do it correctly). 
I'm now trying to save excel forms as tables in word documents, and then export them in pdf and finally import in Nvivo for coding. Sounds a little bit complicated so I'm wondering is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Luci_2402,

Excel files are normally imported into NVivo as datasets and you can code datasets by row or by cell (for columns that are classified as codable fields). You can try exporting the Excel file to PDF directly if that is able to retain the form format.  Please also refer to the following link for some of our researchers' insights in preparing projects for analysis in NVivo: https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-qualitative-data-analysis-software/support-services/customer-hub/research-ready-(1)/research-ready

^BM