I am having a problem installing NVIVO - I have tried multiple times. The software is in my downloads folder but when I click on it absolutely nothing happens. See attached. I have all the system requirements as per this page https://help-nv.qsrinternational.com/20/win/Content/about-nvivo/installation.htm

Thanks for any help

nvivo problems.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

To investigate the issue, can you please submit a support request using the link below and provide us with the following information:

https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-qualitative-data-analysis-software/contact-us/get-in-touch/technical-support

NVivo Error logs: 

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E 
  2. Enter %APPDATA% in the address bar and press Enter 
  3. Go to QSR_International folder

You may see multiple folders starting with NVivo.exe_Url_ 

1. Go into each NVivo.exe_Url_folder and look for a folder named OfflineCrashLogs 
  2. Once you have located the OfflineCrashLogs folder, right-mouse click on the OfflineCrashlogs folder and click Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) folder to create a zipped file 

Windows System information 

Windows 8 

• From the Start screen, start typing msinfo32 and click on the msinfo32 search result displayed 
  • In the System information screen, click on File > Save then save the file to your desktop as info.nfo. Attach the file to your reply email.

Windows 10 

• Click on the Windows Start menu, start typing msinfo32 and click on the System Information search result displayed 
  • In the System information screen, click on File > Save  then save the file to your desktop as info.nfo. Attach the file to your reply email. 

Windows Event Viewer Logs:

1. Click the start button and in the search field type ‘eventvwr.msc’ and hit enter.

2. Click the ‘plus’ icon next to ‘Applications and Services Logs’ to expand the folder.

3. Right-click ‘NVivo Service’ and select Save All Events As. Save the file as ‘NVivo Server’ and attach this file to your reply.

Administrative Event Viewer Logs:

1. Click the start button and in the search field type ‘eventvwr.msc’ and hit enter.

2. Click the ‘plus’ icon next to ‘Custom Views’ to expand the folder.

3. Right-click ‘Administrative Events’ and select Save All Events in Custom View As. Save the file as ‘Administrative Events’ and attach this file to your reply.

Once you have the NVivo error logs and system information, you will need to zip-up (compress) the files and send to the NVivo Support Team for troubleshooting: 

• To zip up the files select multiple files by holding the Ctrl key while selecting them 
  • Right-mouse click on the selected files and click Send To -> Compressed (Zipped) folder to create a zipped file. 

^NVivoSup