How to deal with the March update in Nvivo 12 working with teams?

I am working with a team and, as suggested by Nvivo, have a master project that we then import our individual projects into.  We are all using Nvivo 12 Plus that we purchased within the last 9 months.  

The problem: When I try to import their projects into the master project, it says that they were created in a newer version of Nvivo. Having scoured the support boards, I understand that there was some update in March which made having Nvivo 12 different for those who purchased it after and before.  This is absurd, as spending over $1000 on a product only to learn you can't use it as intended is an incredible fault in the programming.  

My Nvivo was downloaded through my organization - I am a researcher at a for a university.  As the  project manager, I purchased my collaborators' version separately.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to update so that it is in compliance with the "new March update". 

Clearly very frustrated.  PLEASE HELP!