Big Sur and NVivo issues

Guest Radost

Hello,

I just updated my Mac to Bug Sur over the weekend and I'm having big issues with NVivo just when I'm big deadline pressure! Help! When I try to export a query (word) and import new data (word doc as well), it just crashes. LibreOffice tries to open in the dock and when I right click on it, it says "application is unresponsive". So I'm assuming it's something from there. I've installed Libre separately on my Mac, reinstalled NVivo - nothing helps. I\ve emailed support but it might take them some time to get back to me. Anyone else with the same issue? I need to resolve this ASAP.

Thank you very much! 

Radost 

I freaked out this evening having that exact same problem. Can’t import any new files and that Libre Office note appears. You can read some of part of the crash report via terminal. 

Hope to receive an update very soon. 

I freaked out this evening having that exact same problem. Can’t import any new files and that Libre Office note appears. You can read some of part of the crash report via terminal. 

Hope to receive an update very soon. 

Hi Everyone,

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps detailed in the document below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hmvkuinhiee3fb/Replacing LibreOffice for NVivo.pdf?dl=1

Once the changes have been made as per the document in the link above, please re-open NVivo and try to import/export Documents/Queries again.

Regards,

Bhupesh

I'm assuming this "solution" has worked for most?? After following the steps detailed in the document provided on Monday, Nov 25, 2020, I still cannot import new documents. I fully rely on this program to do my job - please help!!!

I'm assuming this "solution" has worked for most?? After following the steps detailed in the document provided on Monday, Nov 25, 2020, I still cannot import new documents. I fully rely on this program to do my job - please help!!!

Guest Guest Dan

Hi I had the same problem and can confirm following this process I was able to get Nvivo importing again (100+ text based files as I type this).

Note though that I am on Big Sur with (older) intel hardware, and not on any of the new M1 Mac devices.

Guest Guest Dan

Hi I had the same problem and can confirm following this process I was able to get Nvivo importing again (100+ text based files as I type this).

Note though that I am on Big Sur with (older) intel hardware, and not on any of the new M1 Mac devices.

Guest NVIVO BIGSURE MACPRO INTEL

Nvivo does not work on Bigsure, Macbook 2000 intel. I have followed all procedures including  replacing LIBRRE. ALL STUCK. EVEN, I CANNOT use the NVIVO sample project. Please NVIVO response to this problem,

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.