Hello,

I am trying to use NVivo 12 on my PC (operating on Windows 10) in order to conduct a sentiment analysis for a university project. I have found several tutorials on how to conduct a sentiment analysis, but for whatever reason, the options that show up for me are different than I see on all of the other tutorials.

I've tried clicking the Home tab > Auto code, but the options I see say code by speaker name, paragraph styles, or paragraph. 

According to this page, https://help-nv.qsrinternational.com/12/win/v12.1.96-d3ea61/Content/coding/auto-detect-code-sentiment.htm , I should be able to click "identify sentiment," but that doesn't show up as an option on my screen.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi JRG,

Automated insights, such as auto coding sentiments, is only available in NVivo 12 Plus.  This is indicated at the top portion of the help page that you were referring to.  It seems like you are using NVivo 12 Pro, which is why the option to automatically code sentiments is not available. ^BM

• 10 months later...

I am using NVIVO Plus but still don't see that option.

Not sure though, when I downloaded through my university, it was listed Nvivo plus, but when I open it and get it installed, it is blue in color and not purple (which means it is still the Pro version)?

Hello @devalm,

If you would like to be sure which version you are using, please follow below steps:

1) Open Nvivo 

2) Choose any existing project file or create a new one.

3) Click File Tab and chose Help>About Nvivo you will see the Edition info.

Regards,