Ncapture tool is unable to capture comments from YouTube

Hello Group members,

I am trying to capture the comments on the YouTube video (using NCapture) with the URL mentioned below: 

The comments keep on retrieving but the process is never completed. You are requested to please look into it and send me the generated sheet. 

Thank you,
Aditya
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Group members,

I am trying to capture the comments on the YouTube video (using NCapture) with the URL mentioned below: 

The comments keep on retrieving but the process is never completed. You are requested to please look into it and send me the generated sheet. 

Thank you,
Aditya
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem, but for all YouTube videos. I am using Chrome and Windows, and have fully updated all of the software. I understand that the comments can be captured using "Capture as PDF", but is there any way to capture the metadata as well?

Hello Jin and Aditya, I will need to ask support. Since YouTube and other providers change their settings NVivo might not be able to do everything you are requesting but we will make sure. 

Hi Aditya and Jin,

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to capture YouTube videos and comments via NCapture. There doesn't seem to be any other way to capture the metadata.

Our technical team is aware of this issue and they will try to address this via future NCapture updates however, I am unable to specify when it will be resolved.

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh