Hello, 

For a school assignment we have to use Nvivo in order to code our transcripts. My teammates also got  error messages, but Nvivo kept on saving their changes. In my case, Nvivo doens't save what I add and also closes itself up out of nowhere. In the pictures that i've added, you can see the messages I get. Hopefully someone here can help me, because the teacher also doens't know what to do with it. 

image.png.5d73fdd79eab4d8ea8fb88eb65ae0e62.png

image.png.83b35d31eaa4d942637216b157fd957a.png

image.png.473438731e14ccd30e6cf8c1a6d990f2.png

image.png.287ec0aa0153b05e084e08b4910a0ca3.png

These messages appear two times in this order. After that, I am able to go to another character in the datamatrix, but when I change/add something there, the following messages appear: 

image.png.e0d6249d5d1ea9d24892456f6dc03994.png

I can make changes despite the appearances of these messages. After each change this one appears on my screen: 

image.png.34fbf4b3a957964eb40fc0e66a2c3bf5.png

If I go to another location in Quick Acces, and make changes there, the same happens. 

After a few error messages, Nvivo closes itself up and the changer are all lost. 

Thank you in advance for the help!

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar issue. I am trying to use my file on Nvivo12 on either my laptop or on a virtual desktop. Regardless of platform NVivo reports an error when I try to make any changes/save them. When I try to even open the file on my virtual desktop the error shows and then closes NVivo instantly. 

I am not sure if this is because my file is just too big for NVivo 12 to manage now, it is 133MB, is this particularlly large? I am not sure.

I also have no options in properties to restore to a previous version.

This file is my entire PhD analysis so it is essential I recover this file- any suggestions?

Thanks Alix

Hi,

In regards to the error messages in the first post, it seems that you are working on a project from a network drive. I recommend that you copy the project from the network drive to the C drive on your computer and then work on the projects from the C drive. Also, please change the recovery file location of your project to a folder on your C drive by opening your project and clicking File>Info>Project Properties>Save and Recovery.

Alix, your file is not too big and NVivo should not have any issues handling files of that size.

Could you please copy your project to your Desktop and then follow the instructions below using your Desktop copy of your project:

1.    Start NVivo with the program icon (not project file).

2.    Click the File tab, click Help, and then click Compact and Repair Project.

The Select Project dialog box opens.
3.    Locate and select your project from the Desktop.

4.    Click Open.

Once the compact and repair completes, open your project and see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue is not resolved or the repair fails, try merging your project into a blank new project. To do this:

1. In NVivo, create a blank new project. 

2. Click the Import tab and then click the Project icon.

The 'Import Project' dialog box appears.

3. Click Browse and navigate to and select your project file from the Desktop.

4. Click Import.

Once the import finishes, see if this issue is resolved in this new project file, which contains your entire project data.

If the issue persists, please submit a support request via our support page below so that we can investigate further.

https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh