Importing Projects Difficulties into Master Project

Hi there,

I'm working on a study and have several research assistants working on coding transcripts in their own NVivo program. A few of them have PC while one has a Mac. As I have a Mac, the PC students have converted their files to be opened on a Mac. This worked for the first file, as I was able to successfully import the RA's project into the master project. However, she has since sent another file which does import into the master project but all her nodes are missing and when I click Highlight > Coding for All Nodes, the file shows that no nodes have been created which is false. I'm wondering however, the RA's file contains the previous file she sent me plus the new file in it (see attached photo). Does sending a project with more than file prevent the nodes from transferring over as when the project contained one file, it worked well.

The other issue I'm having is another RA sent a file that was completed on a Mac. Unfortunately, I am unable to open the file at all. When I click it, nothing happens and then I get this error message "Unable to remove backup folder during project close". 

If someone could advise, that would be so helpful! 

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 3.07.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 3.12.54 PM.png

Hi,

Having more than one file in a project should not cause any issues during merging. Also, any coding or nodes should not get deleted when you merge the projects.

If RA's coding still does not show up in the merged project, please open RA's project separately on your computer to confirm if it indeed contains their coding/nodes.

In regards the crashing issue, can you please reinstall NVivo via the link below and click Replace when prompted during installation?

https://download.qsrinternational.com/Software/NVivo12forMac/NVivo%2012.dmg

Kind Regards,

Bhupesh

Hi Bhupesh,

I opened the project in a separate file and it does not contain nodes. However, I know this is false because when I open up the first file she had originally sent me, the nodes are all present. So it appears that when she sent it as a project containing two files, it does not work.

I also updated my NVivo and got the second RA's file to open! Thank you :) But again, the aforementioned RA's file does have codes so I'm not sure why they are missing when they are sent in a project that contains both files.