File is invalid error importing videos to nvivo transcription

I am in the process of transcribing zoom videos with nvivo transcription. I have been able to upload half my files with the built in module, but today when I tried to upload a new video, I started getting the "File is invalid." error message on the upload pop-up. I am using the latest version of nvivo for windows and have K-lite codec pack installed. It was working last week, so I have no idea what changed.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Ken, so the video file is the same as you uploaded before? This is not too technical but did you try closing NVivo and NVivo Transcription and starting again?

Hi Stacy,

So it's not the exact same video, it's the next participant in my data set. But they're in the same file format from the same source (Zoom recordings). So something chnaged, but I have no idea what...

I tried restarting nVivo and the transcription but to no avail. I even tried reinstalling the codec software the help page told me to use to make nVivo transcription work with mp4 videos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I was having problems, but then when I checked the k-lite website, they had a newer version. I downloaded that one, and now I can import zoom video files and also m4a audio to NVIVO.

Hope that helps.