Transferring Codes from one database to another

Dear everyone, 

For my thesis, I am conducting a thematic analysis of a survey using NVivo. So far I have coded 2,000 out of 12,000 responses from the dataset, but just realised that a column was missing that is not relevant for coding, but provides a literacy score (numerical data for clustering the data later). I have now inserted this column and uploaded the new dataset into a new project. I have also uploaded my old dataset and codes into this new project. Is there any way to merge the old codes with the new dataset so that I don't have to re-code the 2,000 responses?

Also, the auto-coding does not work in my NVivo version but I don't know how to swith versions in order to be able to do it. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello @Felix Machleid,

Unfortunately, it is not possible reflect coding in a way that you described.

Please review here.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

• Like 1

Hi Felix, you might need to recode on the new dataset.  You need to ensure that your dataset is complete before importing and coding it in NVivo.

Our records show that you have purchased a NVivo-Mac license and you can only use NVivo-Mac with this license.  Contact us here so that we can try to help you with your licensing issue: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/
^BM