How to display annotations and transcriptions related to a segment on a photograph and then capture this to export into a document.

Dear Forum,

I hope I am using this forum space correctly. Please let me know if this should be posted under questions?

we have pictures of concept maps and have used the transcription facility to connect the research team's reflections on the segments to the map. we have then used annotations to connect the participants' reflections on their maps.

We want to be able to display in a paper some examples of this, so that we would have figures that are of the maps with highlighted segments and with the researches' and participants' comments also displayed as part of those figures, perhaps using some kind of speech bubble.

This is the first time we have been using visuals in NVivo and so  I am posting here for any pointers that you can offer us please?

We have tried exporting the picture but we get the html page of the whole analysis, rather than a segment illustration and also we want to be able to paste into a Word document so the html page isn't so helpful for that purpose, although does provide the possibility for links.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Pauline

Hello @Pauline Prevett,

Using concept maps you can visualize project items, shapes and notes. Once it is completed you can export the map as an image.

For detailed information here.

Hope this helps,

Regards,