Jump to content

Query not bringing all the codes of the files (issue).

Recommended Posts


Seeing as Nvivo for Mac is limited in terms of analyzing data, I want to extract everything into a csv file. So, I thought of running a matrix coding query (with all the files as rows and all the codes as columns).

However, I noticed that it's not accurate. The query doesn't seem to find all the codes of a file. For example, if I sum the column of one code (summing over all the files), I get a smaller number than the actual amount of files that had that code.

Some info about my data: 334 files (mix of pdfs & images). I have almost 50 codes.

At first I thought it was only getting the codes of the pdfs but that is not the case. I manually double checked and found files that had a particular code but did not show up on the query.

1) Please, is there any way to fix this?

2) If not, is there any way to extract all the connections of files with codes? When I export, I just get another nvivo type file.

To be honest, every week I just find more problems with Nvivo12 for Mac. I wish I had known all this before coding everything.





Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Gina,

Please submit a support request form following: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/contactsupport/contact-support-form


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policyhttps://www.qsrinternational.com/privacy-policyhis site, you agree to our Terms of Use.