Printing node-specific Dataset view for file containing multiple columns

I am working on a dataset with 6 different columns (each an open-ended survey question). We are coding the responses by theme (node), such that a particular node can be applied to any of the columns. Each response is also coded with a corresponding question node. In other words, all responses to Q1 are coded with the node "Q1." We now want to look at a compilation of all responses coded at each thematic node AND have this compilation be separated by question. For instance, if the thematic node is "Fear," we want a list of all responses coded with the "Fear" node, but separated out by question. I have been unable to find a way to so this using the Reports function. However, I've noticed that when I double-click on the "Fear" node to get the compiled list of responses, if I click on the Dataset tab, I am able to see where each response coded as "Fear" is in terms of the column grid (see screenshot below). Yet when I try to print this grid, I am unable to--I can only print the Summary view and Reference view. Is there any way for me to print or download this Dataset view so that I do not have to using coding stripes? Alternatively, is there a way to separate out the reference view/list by question/column node so that I do not need to do a coding query for every possible combination of thematic nodes and question nodes? Many thanks for any help you can provide!

Screenshot 2021-06-16 171917.jpg

Hello @ProfessorD,

Yes, in dataset view you will only have summary view and reference view options to print. However, what you would like to do is still possible with a workaround.

Let's say you opened "Fear" code. Select dataset view then right click and choose select all.

Now, you will be able to copy and paste that information into a blank excel workbook which will let you print.

For your second question, unfortunately it is not possible to separate out reference or summary view by question after you opened an item.

However, since your questions are also coded, all you need to do is to open (Let's say) code for your Question 1. Then select  "Query This Code" feature and choose "Codes coding this code" to list all thematic codes that have been used in Question 1. 

In that view you can choose each item to reach its own Summary/Reference/Dataset views.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, NVIVO does not let me copy and paste the information from the Dataset View. Is there a specific way to do this? I've pressed CTRL+A to select all, and then tried both CTRL+C and copy from the menu, but when I go to paste into Excel or Google Sheets (or even Word), nothing will paste. It's almost as if the NVIVO is not compatible with any other system. Do you have any suggestions?

Regarding your second suggestion, when I query a question code with one of the thematic codes, I'm not able to see just the thematic codes listed by that question code. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Hello @ProfessorD,

Please find below attached videos for your two questions.

Hope these help,

Regards,