Working with data set - large sample

Hi to everyone! 

Firts time working with a large data set and having trouble with cases... Please help!

I am currently working on a project that gathered data using an online survey, with several scales and 3 open questions. 1841 participants responded and I imported the all dataset to NVivo. I am analysing only the data of those participants who aswered to the open questions = 709. I created a set with these 709 in order to conduct queries on their coding and attributes. When I do a matrix query in this set, to see how many are female, male or other, I get 726...  Any ideias on why this is happening and how to solve it, so I have confidence on the numbers, to characterize this subsample?

Thank you so much! ☺️

Hello @CatBrandao,

Although, it is hard to provide correct guidance without knowing your data and coding structure. I just want to be sure that you followed steps to see the number of cases.

Assuming that you already assigned your cases to a case classification, once you get your matrix coding results, please follow below steps:

1) Right-click

2) Choose Cell Content>Cases Coded>Assigned Case Classification

You should see the number of cases for each corresponding matrix cell.

Hope this helps,

Regards,