Trouble when Create New Project on NVivo 12 Plus

I installed the trial version of NVivo f12 Plus for free and chose the "Blank Project" to start a new project. However, when the "New Project" window was opened and I clicked "Browse" button, it was more complicated than I thought. I expected sort of file location format or save as typle list, but something else appeared: it called "New Project File" window that consists "Connection name" and "Project files" columns. Both columns were empty and it seemed like I have to click the "Add" button. When I clicked that button, the "Connection Properties" window was opened. I found it as a trouble because it was much different with some of tutorials from the others about creating new project on NVivo 12, including from this official page. Afterwards, from this official page, I found that display (I've described before as an issue) was supposed to be for the team, whereas what I need is a regular Nvivo 12 that can directly set *.nvp as my save as type or change my file location every time I click "Browse" button. How to troubleshoot this issue? It seems like my NVivo was setted for teams project. 

Hello @Hello Yellow,

First of all, you would not need to click "Browse" button when creating a new blank project. If you click that it will open a dialog window which allows you to change the save location of the new project file that you are about to create.

Next, it seems that on "Browse" dialog window you changed file "Save as" type to "Nvivo Server Project". That is why you are seeing an additional dialog window.

After clicking the "Blank Project" button just type a name for your project in "Title" box you see below and click OK. Location of your new project file will be populated in "File name" box. 

Regards,

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 00.12.49.png

Hi Hello Yellow,

If you do not see the new project window as in canarik's screenshot, this may indicate that there is an issue with the Microsoft SQL Server component which is used by NVivo. To overcome this issue, please try the steps below:

1.    Click Start menu then open Settings > Apps.

2.    Uninstall NVivo.

3.    Restart your computer.

4.    Temporarily disable your anti-virus software.

5.    Re-install NVivo. To obtain the latest NVivo download, please refer to our Downloads page at: http://www.qsrinternational.com/support/downloads

6.    Re-enable your anti-virus software.

If the issue persists, please send us a support request via this link https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/  ^NB