If I have two groups that I want to compare to each other but also compare within groups how can I organize them in NVIVO so that I can compare differences both within groups and between the two groups.

Thank you!

Hello @healthdev,

You can use comparison diagrams feature of Nvivo. For further details please refer here.

To compare two groups of cases I would suggest using cases. You can create a top level case codes for each group and choose aggregate coding from children and use same feature.

Regards,

Hi healthdev, cases represent "units of analysis" in the project. Sets, on the other hand, allow you to group project items and use them in various ways. It would depend on your project if you need to create cases. For analysis, you can group project items into sets and use both the cases and sets in queries and/or visualizations.

If you can provide examples, we may be able to assist further.  Contact us here: https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/
^BM