Creating a framework matrix

I am trying to create a framework matrix as part of my framework analysis on Nvivo. I had initially coded the transcripts and arranged the themes, but did not set up them up as cases before I started coding.  When I read on how to create a framework, I realised that I needed to create a case for each interviewee. As shown in the picture  attached I would like to index  and be able to access the corresponding section of the transcript. 

I have tried to go back and make each file a case, but when it creates a case it then highlights the transcript as a single code. I wonder if there is a way to set up cases so it can copy over all the codes retrospectively. 

Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 4.16.04 PM.png

Hi Lydia,

You have done everything correctly except change the view in the framework matrix. In the Framework Matrix tab, select ;Associated View->'Cell Coding' Once this view is activated, you can click into a cell intersecting the case and code, and you will only see content coded from that case to that code on the right hand side:

R1%20Celll%20View%20-%20Framework%20Matr

I hope this response is helpful, but do let me know if you have any questions or concerns

I hope this response was helpful but do let me know if you need more information.

Kind regards,

Ben
Platinum_Trainers_Badge_2021-239x300.png

• 1 month later...