How to share between Windows and Mac?

Allison Clark

Hello, My colleague and I are trying to share our project, but we have been unable to share between a Macbook and a Windows / PC. Is it true that projects are unsharable between Mac and Windows? If so, are there any suggestions for how to get around this? 

Hello @Allison Clark,

You can convert projects between the platforms however there are limitations such that, while you can successfully convert a project on a once-off basis it is not recommended you convert between the formats on an ongoing basis.

For further details please refer here.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

This is my exact problem.  Up until 2 weeks ago we were able to convert mac files to PC on  a mac.  It suddenly stopped working and it is impossible to get Nvivo support to help with this.  I have left unanswered support emails and phone messages.  

Nvivo, I need help with this, otherwise I am off to a different software.  

Hello @Melissa,

You can not convert a Nvivo for Mac project file to a Nvivo for Windows project file on a Mac. In fact, you do not need to convert.

Just save your project file on Nvivo for Mac. Then, share a copy of your project file with your colleague using Nvivo for Windows.

Nvivo for Windows has a built in feature to convert Nvivo for Mac projects.

For detailed information please refer here.

Regards,